A series of unpredictable events
Two weeks ago, I was enjoying reading and commenting on all of my family's blogs, but not remotely interested in starting one of my own. I didn't feel like I had the time, and moreover, I didn't feel like I had much to say. Then ten days ago, in an innocent attempt to make a comment, I accidentally set up this blogspot. I might have pretended it didn't exist, and continued as I was, an anonymous non-blogger. Most of you probably believe that is what I have done. Maybe you have all given up on Strickland Street, and no one will even read this. But the truth is, the night I set up my blog, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I thought of three different posts, and I actually felt excited at the idea of learning how to post them. So the next day I eagerly read the blogger tutorial and found my dashboard. But it was not to be.
The technology gods tested my desire to blog by wrinkling the page so I couldn't click the add button! I didn't even know a page on the computer could be wrinkled! Next I tried to use Blogthis! This got me as far as the posting page, but apparently another small wrinkle, which I am blaming on Compuserve, prevented me from clicking on anything but the title window. I attepted to write a post as a very long title. But that didn't work. Then I tried to make a comment on my own blog, to explain my difficulties. The message from Blogger? An unexplained error has occurred. This command can not be completed. After I got that message 3 times, I gave up for the day.
Sorry if this series of events has already gotten tedious. It was for me too, and that wasn't the half of it. Let me condense a bit by saying it cost me several hours and thousand bucks, but I think (I hope) my technical difficulties are over. (Note to self: if this post doesn't work, we really are giving up. for good!) My desire and patience were tried, but the unbelievable result of these events is that I am now an eager blogger! I would never have predicted that 10 days ago!

10 Comments:
Hurray for you! You've always been very persistent. And I hadn't given up on you, faithfully checking your site daily. Congratulations. Love, Mom
Hurray for you! You've always been very persistent. And I hadn't given up on you, faithfully checking your site daily. Congratulations. Love, Mom
I glad that you got it all figured out. I also had the same feelings when I started blogging. It can really get fun when you get going. One of the highlights of my day is checking everyone's blogs(though it has gotten a little slower recently). But anyway, welcome and keep up the posts.
Yeah! You're here! I too have been checking regularly to see if you'd started writing or not. Glad you made it! And thanks for the comment on "Acting." I love you!
Hurray--Mark and I are glad to see you are alive and blogging! We also check daily for new posts and both shouted with glee when we saw not one, but TWO new posts! I know you are busy but hope you find time, every now and then, to fill us in on y'all down in Tennessee.
I too look forward to reading all the family blogs out there each day and am excited when I see new posts! :) Thanks for keeping it going!
I am glad to see you were persistent, although I hope dropping a grand connotes a computer purchase or upgrade ... and not extortion from the Tennesee Blogosphere Mafia.
I look forward to reading ... and continue checking in the mantime.
Yippie! I hope the new hardware marks the end of all your technical difficulties. Cause I'm excited to read about the happenings at Strickland Street.
I, too, admit to being addicted to the family blogosphere, checking each blog daily. I'm not so good about faithfully posting, but it is fun to keep up with everyone. Welcome to the blog-wagon! I'm glad you got things figured out and fixed...how strange to have wrinkled web-pages!LOL!
Sorry blogging was so expensive for you! Glad to see you posting.
Post a Comment
<< Home