Friday, April 14, 2006

Pretend it's April 5th

I had an exciting day of firsts yesterday. Besides setting up my first blog, I also solved my first New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle. COMPLETELY! I have come close in the past, but this was my first total success. I knew it was a good puzzle when I saw the clue for One Down: What is the psuedonym for musician Peter Schickele? I think this should ring a bell for some of you.

8 Comments:

At Fri Apr 14, 02:27:00 PM, Blogger CAROLIONESS said...

Congratulations! I'm not very good at crossword puzzles unless all the words pertain to one subject, AND I have just studied that subject. I don't know who Peter S. is. Will you tell?

 
At Fri Apr 14, 02:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me. . . but do you know how to spell Claude-Camille Saint-Saens?

 
At Fri Apr 14, 08:43:00 PM, Blogger Ree said...

Mark, I thought it was my freshman year we went to that concert. Did B and I let you in on that joke? But you obviously know who P.S. is. I won't tell yet.

 
At Fri Apr 14, 09:23:00 PM, Blogger Boss said...

I don't know that joke, but I think I do know who P.S. is.

My only question left is:

What is the name of the only living kamikaze pilot?

 
At Fri Apr 14, 09:43:00 PM, Blogger B said...

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Yeah, I think it was our freshman year when went to Abravanel Hall to enjoy the esteemed P.S. and the Utah Symphony

 
At Fri Apr 14, 11:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Transporting young gulls across the state lion for immoral porpoises?

... the pun is through the uprights!!!

 
At Sat Apr 15, 07:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Due to the generosity of Bro. Kay, who played with the Buffalo Symphony, Dad and I only paid for two concerts that I can remember during the eight years there (except at the high school). One was Canadian Brass and the other PDQ Bach. Both really fun. Mom

 
At Sun Apr 16, 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Peanut said...

Congrats on the crossword puzzle! I miss doing the NYT puzzles... used to be my after work cool down routine. I think I successfully finished one Sunday puzzle. Most of the time I gave up long before they were done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home