Monday, April 17, 2006

You Should See the Other Baby


Yes, that is my baby girl. With a shiner. Emma Joy only cried for a moment after falling down the deck steps. I wanted to cry a moment later, when I saw the bruise blossoming. The worst part is, I'm afraid this is not the last of such injuries. I think it's still too early to call Emma a tomboy, but she is definitely adventurous. She wants to run and jump and climb, even though she hasn't mastered walking without stumbling! Toby has taken to calling Emma his little Black Eyed Pea. (Mafia alias: Bruiser.) Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At Mon Apr 17, 09:19:00 PM, Blogger Boss said...

I never knew a gangster baby could be so cute! She looks so cheery despite her injuries.

Sadly, I cannot say the same for Sam. He gave himself a fat lip today. I'm not sure exactly how, but I think it had something to do with a basket full of plastic easter eggs. And there has been no grinning from Mr. Crabbypats since.

 
At Mon Apr 17, 09:24:00 PM, Blogger B said...

She's a cutie, even with the shiner! Speaking from experience, it is almost definitely not the last of her injuries! Megan broke her arm, and Jacob has had stitches and surgery all since Kaitlyn was born in September :-S.

 
At Tue Apr 18, 05:13:00 AM, Blogger Peanut said...

She's very cute, black eye and all. And she looks very tough! I wouldn't want to mess with her in a dark alley!

 
At Tue Apr 18, 11:43:00 AM, Blogger CAROLIONESS said...

She is darling! And looking more and more like her brothers. Pretty soon you are going to have a little (tomboy?) girl and not a little baby anymore.

 
At Tue Apr 18, 11:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruiser is a little darling. Thanks for sharing the picture of her. Aunt Betty

 
At Tue Apr 18, 02:05:00 PM, Blogger Shana said...

I think that's why having a girl at this point would sort of be pointless for us. She'd either be an extreme girly-girl and drive me mad or be a complete tomboy and drive Hunter insane, since he wants a sister so bad so he can dress her up in girly things. But I suppose, if she was as dang cute as that Emma Joy, we would keep her no matter how she turned out.

 
At Tue Apr 18, 03:13:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I don't know that I have mastered the art of walking without stumbling myself - I must just be better at catching myself.

 
At Wed Apr 19, 09:41:00 AM, Blogger Ree said...

Aunt Betty, glad to know you are here! Thanks for your comment.

B, I knew about the broken arm, but what happened to Jacob?

 
At Wed Apr 19, 02:02:00 PM, Blogger B said...

Jacob slipped in the bath, and hit his mouth on the side of the tub. At the time we thought he just had a really smashed lip, but by the next day we could see that he had moved some teeth out of alignment...consequently he couldn't chew. After seeing a pediatric dentist, he had oral surgery to put the teeth back into their sockets and crown the teeth...they had to do root canals:( That was the most recent adventure. In October or November, he was climbing in Nursery, fell and sliced open his ear, through the cartilage. He ended up with ten stitches. It is barely noticable now. I'm hoping we're finished for the year. (Knock,knock,right!? And not the PDQ kind!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home