Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Eventful Weekend

What a fun weekend we had! Grandma, Grandpa, and lots of cousins came to town to visit. On Saturday morning, we watched BigZ participate in the Southern Appalachia Regional Spelling Bee. There were 40 great spellers there, aged 9 to 14. BigZ made it to round 6, ending up in tenth place. He is hoping to build his vocabulary and make it back there next year.

The second big event of the weekend was Schmoo's baptism. It was so nice to have Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Pooka and many musical cousins there to participate in the program. Schmoo received his own set of scriptures for his birthday, and has been faithful about reading them ever since. We are so proud of our new 8-year old.

I tried to order better weather for the weekend. Although we have had days in the seventies already this year, another cold front returned for the end of February. So instead of treating our guests from the north to some nice southern warmth, we had snow flurries for their visit. And just to make things extra exciting, our downstairs furnace went out! Luckily we had heat upstairs, because before Grandma and Grandpa left, the downstairs temperature was around 50 degrees. Now that our furnace has been fixed, I am expecting spring to arrive immediately. Because that is just my luck, apparently.

But thanks to everyone and their good attitudes, we still had a great weekend. It sure is fun to get together. When and where is the next gathering?
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At Wed Mar 04, 06:13:00 PM, Blogger John said...

Good work BigZ and Schmoo!

 
At Fri Mar 06, 05:41:00 AM, Blogger Boss said...

I'm sorry I missed all the fun. But I'm not sorry I missed the cold weather. We've got plenty of that around here.

Congratulations, BigZ and Schmoo! I love you!

 
At Sun Mar 15, 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Way to go Z and Schmoo! You're amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home