Seth
I can't explain why this has been sitting in my draft folder so long. Because I am so proud of Seth. Just before he turned 10, (in February) I started thinking about the number of books he had read in the previous 12 months. As I started to list them, I realized that if we were to stack the books up, they would probably be taller than Seth. So we went to the biggest book store we could find. Unfortunately, there were several tomes missing from the shelves, so this stack is only a partial collection of what Seth read as a nine-year-old. If we had been able to gather the complete stack, it would easily have exceeded Seth's own height.
At ten and a half, Seth continues to be a voracious reader. He loves fantasy books the most, especially dragon tales. He is eager for Paolini's conclusion to the Inheritance series, which is supposed to come out this fall. Other favorites have included Fablehaven, and the Evil Librarians, and of course, Harry Potter. If you have recommendations, please pass them along. We are always looking for more!


4 Comments:
What a good boy. And great parents to encourage him to read like he does.
I have been reading the Eragon series and love it. I usually don't like fantasy but Paolini is a great author. I should slow down on the third book so that I will finish right as the 4th comes out. I HATE waiting.
If Seth hasn't read Gregor the Overlander series (5 books) by Suzanne Collins, I highly recommend them. They are somewhat fantasyish. No dragons..but bats that the underlanders fly on.
These books don't have dragons, but are all books that I have recently enjoyed.
The 39 Clues Series (each book is written by different authors)
Everest Trilogy by Gordan Korman (he also has written a Dive Trilogy and Island Triology, but Everest was my favorite)
I tried to see if the Percy Jackson series was in that stack of books, but I couldn't tell. I enjoyed those books, but I think I am liking Rick Riordan's Red Pyramid even more than Percy Jackson.
Another that you may already know about it the Among the Hidden Books by Margaret Petterson Haddix. I believe the series is actually called the Shadow Children Series, but all the book titles start with "Among the ..."
I hope I gave you some books you haven't read yet!
Plus, I want to hear the list of books you've read! Great job!
Have fun!
You could try David Eddings -- the Belgariad series is his first one, but there are several more. Nathan loved them!
Seth is so grown up! You have such good boys!
Post a Comment
<< Home