MJ's Quilt
Sometimes I see the posts from my crafty relatives and I wonder why I didn't get any of those crafty genes. Nearly two years ago, I considered making a quilt for little MJ. But I was lacking in confidence. It was Peanut who urged me to go for it. And since I had a gift card to a fabric store, I figured there could be no harm in picking out some fabric. During our Holiday get together in 2007, Peanut helped me design a "randomish" pattern for the quilt. I wanted it to be asymmetrical so that is could go on her daybed. While we were there at mom's house, mom offered to embroider some squares also. And she finished her part quickly. But I moved very slowly, distracted by life, and crippled with indecision and the fear of doing it wrong. Peanut eased my fears again, and I was able to at least get the squares cut.
Fast forward to Thanksgiving 2008. Peanut helped me get the embroidered squares framed, and the top all put together. It was exciting to see a real quilt materializing, finally! Back at home, I picked out flannel for the back, and satin binding, but my sewing machine (and skills) were not up to that thick a challenge. So once again, Peanut came to the rescue. Together we tied it, then she did the binding. Before the baby was born Mom, and Peanut were visiting, and together we got all the hand quilting done! Voila! Finally MJ has a beautiful quilt for her bed!
I really love it. And I am so thankful to Mom and Peanut for all their crafty help! It would NEVER have happened with out them!


2 Comments:
It is gorgeous! Way to stick with it (and way to encourage and help Peanut!) You guys did a fantastic job!
B
This is beautiful! I love it.
Post a Comment
<< Home