Friday, April 21, 2006

Our Summer Vacation Will Be At...

OK, after seeing the comments of how many of you do not want us at family reunion...just joking! Actually, I would have chosen the trip to St. Johns US Virgin Islands over China. However, I would never want to miss family reunion. I mean really how many of you that responded "China" would actually want to be in a plane for 16 hours straight trying keep 3 kids from going insane. Sure, I know that several of you would respond "that's nothing that sedatives wouldn't cure."

With all of that being said, we will be going to Utah for family reunion. We would never chose anywhere else. After family reunion, we will fly up to Calgary & make the five hour drive up to Jasper, Alberta, Canada. We sure look forward to seeing you all in Utah in a couple of months.

Also, if anyone is interested, I found a cabin up in the mountains about 11 miles from Heber City that can hold up to 25 people. It sounds pretty exciting. I could reserve it for a couple of nights after family reunion. It rents for$300/night, so we could get it for less than the cost of a hotel room if several families wanted to go in on the cabin together. If interested, just let us know.

As for China, St. Johns, London, Poland, and the Greek Isles, we can do that hopefully in the future.

Toby

13 Comments:

At Fri Apr 21, 08:42:00 PM, Blogger B said...

HOORAY!! I am so glad you guys will be at reunion! And for some reason I never thought about the 3 kids on a 16 hour flight aspect with the trip to China...that would have been a big factor for me too (if I were deciding, that is).

 
At Fri Apr 21, 09:55:00 PM, Blogger Boss said...

I'm glad to hear it! Your cabin idea sounds fun too. I'm not in charge of travel logistics (Mom? Dad?), but I'd love to join ya'll if their schedules allow. Sam too.

 
At Sat Apr 22, 09:00:00 PM, Blogger Coach said...

In my experience, you can never go wrong when Stricklands and cabins are involved.

Yeah, Canada seems like a better family spot if you're taking young children. Save China for when you win all those contests 10 years from now. I hope I win one of those contests! Is there any purchase necessary?

 
At Sun Apr 23, 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with coach. A cabin that Toby picks has got to mean fun and more fun. Since not much is definite about our plans yet, (and as Diana says, she's flexible), count us in. It's really such a blessing that the word "reunion" brings desire to come and be together, rather than the opposite, as with many people I've known. "It's a beautiful life!" Mom

 
At Sun Apr 23, 04:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great, both reunion and the cabin. Hoever, I thought there was talk of a Streadbeck gathering in the days after reunion.

(Coach: Ask about the hot tub with the latest cabin trip...)

Also,what is the story about Heber or some such place for a pre-reunion reunion? It is fun to overrun a hotel.

Sorry to turn your blog comments into a vacation/ reunion planning fourm.

 
At Sun Apr 23, 06:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Pearson "thing" is the Saturday after reunion, in the evening. Sharon said that Devin can make reservations for us for Heber City for the evening before reunion and probably get a better place for a good price. I suggested that we put him in charge of that.

 
At Sun Apr 23, 06:23:00 PM, Blogger CAROLIONESS said...

So I just read these past two blogs in chronological order and was getting scared at all the suggestions to go to China, b/c what is a family reunion if the family doesn't come? Plus, while thinking about reunion logistics, I haven't received tshirt orders from ANY OF YOOOOOOUUUUU!!!!!! What is up with that!?! I am very excited that you have decided to go to reunion and the cabin idea sounds good, but it seems to be a conflict with our Pearson reunion plans.

 
At Mon Apr 24, 02:21:00 PM, Blogger Ree said...

I was just thinking the same thing, Caroline. Where is the Pearson/Streadbeck Reunion supposed to be?

Also we want 5 t-shirts. (Does that count as an order?)

 
At Mon Apr 24, 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Peanut said...

Yea, sorry about the threadjack, I'm not sure we'll make it to reunion, so ditto for the cabin. Caroline, if you read this, I've never gotten any information regarding ordering t-shirts.

 
At Mon Apr 24, 08:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since this is now the reunion-t-shirt-ordering-blog-comment area: I would also like 5. No Lion.

 
At Mon Apr 24, 08:35:00 PM, Blogger Boss said...

We want three shirts--two big, one little. Do you know if they come in dog sizes?

 
At Tue Apr 25, 08:15:00 PM, Blogger dani said...

We haven't heard anything about the t-shirts... can you send me an email w/ details please carolioness? Thanks, dani

 
At Tue Apr 25, 09:46:00 PM, Blogger B said...

Caroline sent out an email RE:t-shirts in March w/ all the info. If you didn't get it, she may not have your current/correct email address.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home