
Big Z in front of the Athabasca River
It's July 31, 1:00pm, and it's 46 degrees F! But we'll brave the stiff wind for the sake of the view. It's the glacial silt that makes the water so blue.

Here we are at Lake Louise

We never found the real moose we were looking for,
but MJ loved this one just the same.

Athabasca Falls
The Saskatchewan Glacier
Here we are walking on the Glacier. And yes, it is cold! Even in July.
6 Comments:
Those postcards are awesome! Canada is so amazingly gorgeous! Thanks for the pics!
Beautiful pictures! I'm looking forward to my trip next week.
What a great vacation, albeit a little chilly. I can't imagine what the temperature is in January. Glad you had such a great time and saw amazing things. I bet your boys will never forget it!
Wow! Those Canadians sure know how to do the scenery up right. And I hear they're pretty good at the cold too. Looks like y'all had a great time. Thanks for sharing the views with us.
Actually, we spent most of our vacation at lower altitudes, where the temperature was extremely comfortable. But there was a cold snap in the area just before we left which dusted the mountain tops with snow. All in all, we really enjoyed the break from the southern heat. I would definately recommend it for a cool summer destination.
What a beautiful place to vacation!
Post a Comment
<< Home