Beautiful Sights in North Carolina
I recently took a little trip to North Carolina. It is a beautiful state, and if you can make it out there any time soon, here are some sights you should keep your eyes open for.
I feel a little tense driving on curvy mountain roads with 18-wheelers on one side and a concrete barrier on the other. Even so, I still enjoyed the drive through the mountains around Asheville. This time of year, the Smokey mountain slopes are lush and green, with lavender wisteria blossoms hanging like grapes from the trees: A beautiful sight.
The middle of my drive through North Carolina was much flatter. Spending 6 hours on Interstate 40 might have been a bit dull if it hadn't been for the wildflowers. Large patches of poppies, daisies, buttercups, and many other wildflowers could be seen every few miles along the median. Every color of the rainbow was represented in one patch or another. But of course, the Interstate is not a great place to stop and take pictures. So, you may have to make the drive yourself in order to see this beautiful sight.
Perhaps the most beautiful sight I saw in North Carolina was the people. I saw people who didn't think twice about taking four strangers into their home. I saw people who stayed up all night to serve another, even though they had college exams the next day. I saw people give love without limits. It was a beautiful sight.

3 Comments:
Now I want to see the beautiful drive to NC from the south side. I rather enjoyed the roller coaster road ride and beautiful green view myself coming from the north. I think John did, too, but I'm not sure if the parts when he was holding onto the "oh crap bar" were fun or scary to him.
Thanks, AM, for being one of those amazingly loving, serving people. Isn't it wonderful that even during sad times, we can find so many blessings from our Father in Heaven?
Yes, the people are wonderful. I'm grateful for them. Various sisters in my ward have commented on what a good family I have to come and stay with me. I pointed out to them that I also have a wonderful ward family that has rallied to help.
I like this post. That's all.
Post a Comment
<< Home