Reunion 2006

We had a fabulous time in Utah for the family reunion. I am grateful for everyone who planned all the fun activities we enjoyed. Here is a list of some of my favorite moments.
*The Swimming party at the clubhouse--complete with lots of great food and homemade root beer. Yum! We loved the PALS show too.
*Boating, yoga and horseback riding at the ranch. Even little M.J. loved the pony ride.
*Finding out that Shana was merely incontinent. Whew!
*At the campfire when several husbands showed that their big bellies could rival their pregnant wives'.
*The bridal shower--400 years of marriage and a chocolate fountain!
*The traditional stop at Granny's for ice cream. We couldn't miss that.
*The talent show at the park in Sandy. I especially liked Rubber Duckie.
*Family dinner on Sunday night. I miss being in Utah for those gatherings.
*Watching fireworks in Spanish Fork on the 24th.
*Spending time with so many of the people that I love.
I can only think of one bad part of the whole week--There were a few people missing. We missed you guys, and hope you can make it to the next reunion.
Which reminds me of a conversation I had with Craig shortly after we arrived at the ranch. He asked me how I would feel if reunions were held once every three years. I didn't care for the idea, and I told him so. I love you guys so much, and two years is long enough to have to wait to see you! I hope if there is a movement for less frequent reunions you all will vote "nay" with me.

3 Comments:
SPH-1 says Thank you for a nice overview of that fun week!
I agree with you. I think that every other year is plenty of time in between reunions. I talked about the same thing recently too. I recognize that it is a BIG expense for families to attend family reunion. I just think that changing it to happen less frequently is a step towards not having it. If finances or other circumstances make every other year hard, then come whenever you can, but let the ones who can make it every other year still get together.
Here Here!
Nay for reunions on the tre!
This is exactly the sort of thing that I'd like us to discuss on http://www.4hens.org/reunion/
And I certainly understand how things can be tough to afford. Lets keep it every two years. If people can't or don't want to come to a reunion, that's fine.
Post a Comment
<< Home