Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Field Trip to the Deer Farm

Posted by Picasa
We went to the Smokey Mountain Deer Farm the other day, and had a lot of fun. Most of the animals could be fed by hand. Zac would tell you that the camel was very slobbery! He liked all the animals so much, he can't decide his favorite. I think the peacocks were my favorite.

Seth was a little bit timid about the hand to mouth contact, but he enjoyed watching. He liked the Emu best, because it would eat from a cup.

Emma, who has been an animal lover practically since birth, was not timid about anything. She learned all kinds of new words, including zonkey. Did you know that there is such an animal? That's right: it's a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

There was also a guanaco, which is apparently related to a llama. Zac and Seth threw it some corn and said, "Eat your food, Tina!" I wonder if the guanaco would have preferred casserole.

5 Comments:

At Wed May 03, 01:04:00 PM, Blogger CAROLIONESS said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I really like the picture of Zac with the camel.

 
At Thu May 04, 12:56:00 PM, Blogger John said...

Tina you fat lard, come get some dinner!

 
At Sat May 06, 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I'm just so proud that your children know the appropriate manner in which to address a llama-like animal. Good work parents. :)

 
At Sun May 07, 03:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Emma Joy riding the goat? Daddy-A

 
At Sun May 07, 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Coach said...

That picture with the camel reminds me of my slobbery encounter with a giraffe when I was on my mission.

Plus, I'm so impressed with your technological prowess. Nice Picassa collage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home