Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $2000
This past Tuesday afternoon, I went over to the convenience store next to my office to get a pack of gum. As I was leaving the store, I noticed a guy that was walking across the parking lot from the bank next door. He proceeded to walk across in front of me and into the parking lot where my office is located. As he got into his van, I heard a voice from behind me yelling to get his license plate number. The van was about 30 yards away from me, and moving further away. Somehow I was able to focus and get his license number. When I turned around, I saw a bank employee running across the parking lot. She was on the phone with E-911. The man had just robbed the bank. I told her to tell them the license plate number and the direction the van was headed.
Later that afternoon, I received a visit to my office from the FBI. They wanted to get my statement. They also said thanks because the man was caught at his house. He had driven straight home, and the police were there to welcome him home. They found the money ($2000) and the threatening note all in the van. Anyway, the thief turned out to be an ex-deputy with the Sheriff's Department.
Hey, who knows, the bank may thank me with a toaster, duffle bag, or something like that. On second thought, I'd better not hold my breath.

7 Comments:
Yea for TOBY! Glad you could act fast enough to be such a help. SPH-1
Toby the hero! Way to catch a theif!
That's my man--HeroMan!
Wow. I guess now we know where Schmoo gets his superpowers. Congratulations!
How did the FBI interrogation go? Did they grill you under a bright light and threaten to start yanking teeth if you didn't give them all the dirt?
Nice job Toby! Not only did you help catch him, but now you have this great story to tell. :)
Way to be the star witness and get the bad guys off the streets. I feel safer already!
I've had the long-standing goal to foil a bank robbery... or an international terrorist plot... or a conspiracy by the surgery department to overtake the hospital and make us their slaves. But as of yet, I've had no opportunities.
I'm so impressed, Toby.
Post a Comment
<< Home