Anticipation
MJ has never seen a beach. The word vacation is not in her vocabulary. But I've never heard of a 2 year old more eager to get to Florida. I showed her pictures of beaches, but I didn't really expect her to understand it until we got there. But for weeks now, she has been getting out her swimming suit and heading for the car.
I guess I started talking about our trip too early. "We leave for Florida in six more Saturdays," I told the kids in January. We have been counting down Saturdays ever since. I have learned to be careful about using the word March. Because whenever MJ hears that word, she responds, "March! We going to da beach in March!"
Yesterday we bought some beach toys at ToysRUs. After leaving the store, we drove home. As we turned into the neighborhood, MJ protested, obviously recognizing our location. "NOOOO!" she wailed, "I want to go to the beach RIGHT NOW!" Hang in there, MJ. We are down to just six more days.

4 Comments:
MJ is too cute! I hope the beach is everything she's hoping for! And I hope the rest of ya'll like it too.
Oh, MJ makes me laugh! Have fun at the beach!
I want to go to da beach too. Have a great vacation!
LOL! What a sweetheart! I hope y'all have a fabulous time at da beach!
Post a Comment
<< Home