Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Old News

I know many of you understand blogger backlog. There have been many things that I have wanted to post about, but haven't found the time. This is old news for some, but for those of you who don't know: I am now a yoga instructor! I really enjoy the teaching and the activity, even though the additional obligation sometimes feels cumbersome.

Here is how it happened: I had been attending a yoga class at our local YMCA for some time, when the instructor mentioned she needed a yoga instructor for an evening class. Another class member suggested I could do it. One thing lead to another, and I was eventually talked into it. I took a 15-hour training class in September, and immediately started teaching one class a week.

Early in the new year, there were several personnel changes. So now I am the main yoga instructor at our YMCA. I regularly teach two classes a week. But this month, I've been filling in a lot more. Last week was my busiest yet: I ended up teaching all four classes. I guess that is one of the reasons why I seem to have difficulty finding time to post!

3 Comments:

At Thu Mar 15, 07:25:00 PM, Blogger Lady said...

Good for you Ree. I think stay at home moms need an outlet, to feel energized, excited and appreciated by someone or something other than our little ones. I think it's great you got the training and now have a skill you can share with others!

 
At Fri Mar 16, 10:29:00 PM, Blogger B said...

That's awesome Ree! I was wondering how things turned out, with your training and all! I'm so happy for you! You were great at reunion, even before your 15 hours of training!

 
At Mon Apr 09, 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Trick said...

I can really relate. That is similar to the way I got into teaching step aerobics at the YMCA. I am so excited for you! I am sure you do a great job, and it's a nice break for you. But I hope it's not burning you out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home