Still Alive
Holy Cow! I knew it had been a while since I last posted, but I didn't realize how long. We are still alive and well, but we have been very busy!
We have spent a lot of time fixing, cleaning, organizing, cleaning, packing and cleaning to sell our house and move. Having never sold a house before, (but hearing plenty of horror stories about other people's ordeals) I faced the whole thing quite fearfully. But thankfully, everything seems to be falling into place. We will close on our new house on Wednesday, and the contract on our current home is set to close on the 20th. I feel very blessed.
Additionally, Toby and I spent last weekend as "Ma and Pa" for a handcart trek. We committed to chaperone this youth conference before the moving dates were set, so the timing turned out to be kind of difficult. Or at least that's how I felt before the trek. As it turned out, it was a fantastic opportunity to put my worldy concerns aside. In fact, at one point, Toby said something about "next weekend"--referring to our move. I drew a blank look, and had to ask, "What's next weekend?"
There really is joy in stepping out of ourselves and serving. It was a HOT, sweaty trek, but I really enjoyed it. I loved being with the youth, and I was blessed by the spirit there.
Hopefully I'll get some pictures and post more details later.

4 Comments:
I'm glad to hear both sale and purchase have gone well. Pioneer trek sounds exciting, but I'll admit I'd have a hard time saying yes to that kind of outing, regardless of the timing. I'd be the one complaining (not singing) as I walked and walked and walked. But I'm glad ya'll had such a great experience.
Wow! What fun! Semaj and I are going to Youth Conference next week, but it isn't a pioneer trek.
Congrats on the house stuff! That's exciting that things have gone smoothly. And I am totally jealous that you got to do Trek! Our youth just did their trek last week too(Unfortunately they had HORRIBLE weather:rain, sleet, hail, snow and about 2 hours of sun!). Good luck with all the closing and moving! Can't wait to see pics of trek and the house!
Great to hear from you! I am so glad you got to do the trek. What a blessing. I wish our house selling and moving were going as well as yours, but I know it will all work out.
Post a Comment
<< Home