New House
Here it is! Pictures of our new house. We moved in last Saturday. The closing for our old house was moved up one week, so we really had to put a rush on the packing at the last minute. But we crammed everything into the U-haul, and got out. We are still in the process of getting unpacked and organized. (I'm wishing I could find where Zac's piano music was packed.) Besides the unpacking, we also have a lengthy list of home improvement projects. This home was a foreclosure, which means we got a great price, but it definitely needs some TLC. So far, we have had new carpet put in, and the foundation stabilized. We still need to hire a roofing contractor, but we're hoping we can do the other smaller projects ourselves.
I think one of the things I like best about this house is the quiet country setting and the outdoor living space. I love this spacious back deck (even though it needs some work.) We have neighbors in back, but there are enough trees and space in between, that sitting out here feels very private and peaceful. Our neighborhood has large lots, and our purchase came with two. We have 1.7 acres, including gently sloped lawn and mature trees. It was fun to build a fire pit and roast some hot dogs on Friday.
I've always loved large windows, so here is another of my favorite features. This is a view of our side yard from our master bedroom. Right now, there is a bed sheet tacked up as a window covering. Do any of you crafty home decorators have suggestions for window dressings? I want to be able to open up and enjoy the view. Do I go for the old-fashioned drapes with a pull rope?
By the way, we have plenty of room to accomodate house guests, so please feel free to come and visit!


4 Comments:
It's beautiful. I am so happy for you guys...you deserve it. I am sure you will be sorely missed in the Grove Park Ward, but will be right back at home.
We so want an invite for an outdoor cookout...that deck is amazing.
Wow! What a lovely home. The windows look great! If you like blinds, they even make them to fit the arched window. But if you don't want the view obscured by blinds, there are some really cool curtain rods with rings and things out there (we got ours at IKEA).
We'll be there! (Sometime in 2009. Or maybe 2010. Definitely by 2012.) I'm so excited for you guys! All those drives through hill-top neighborhoods, and you've finally found your spot. I have no suggestions for the window except to enjoy the view.
AnnMarie, I found your blog and thought I would comment abuot your lovely house! It is great! I too am a big fan aof windows. I know the Grove PArk ward was sad to see you go, but Laura Smartt told me she was way excited! Love the house, and I agree with Alice, when is the cookout?
Post a Comment
<< Home